Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 6 - Ch-ch-ch-changes....

I did not change anything in the Google spreadsheet, but this is largely because my original answers were based on the information that I could gather from the web sites or spokesperson from the school, and this information has not changed. I will note that I finally received a phone call back from Insight Schools, over two weeks after my phone call was originally placed. This makes me concerned for any family wishing to enroll their student. The school didn’t know who I was (I could have been a prospective parent!), so I was frustrated. In addition, the phone call I received was from Insight Kansas. This is like calling your local school to get a feel for the place and instead getting a phone call back from the county school board. It was a "big box business" feel - another frustration!

When answering the question of whether my view of the schools has changed, I would say that it has. I was, even with the simplicity of the state school’s web site (Colorado Online Learning), impressed by the responsiveness and organization of the program. The for-profit school, however, left me wanting a great deal more information. It makes me wonder how a parent/child in search of a niche can feel completely comfortable about making an online learning choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment